Need for Speed Underground 2 -also known as NFS- is a sequel of the popular street car racing game from the same franchise.
The most remarkable difference, compared to the previous edition, Need for Speed Underground, is the possibility of highly personalizing the car as you prefer without having to download patches.
As we already said, this game consists in street car racing . The action of the PC video game is set in the fictitious city of Bayview, which has five different neighborhoods.
Gameplay of NFS Underground 2
The key of the free trial of Need for Speed Underground 2 is to complete every race arriving in the first position. In order to achieve that, you will have to beat all your opponents who drive around the streets of this big metropolis.
This time, the PC game comes with different upgrades which improve graphics and sound effects and integrate new game modes, among others.
As we already mentioned, this edition includes some improvements. For example, it gives you more tuning options and control over your vehicle. This way, you can customize the interior and the exterior of the car with a great level of detail.
Besides, it offers eight competition modes and there are three game modes. In relation to the graphics, this sequel has improved them. However, they are still a bit weak and look a bit pixelated.
Similar software to this PC game
The first one also offers the possibility of customizing your own car and driving around exciting urban circuits. It comes with seven different cars and allows you to make technical modifications to improve the performance of your vehicle.
The second one is a PC game mod which adds 80 vehicles to the original collection of the game.
Need for Speed Underground 2 Features
The main features of this racing PC game are the following:
- A wide variety of available game modes, some of them hidden
- Circuit race: Standard mode with minimum 2 laps and maximum of 4
- Sprint race: A race from one point of the map to other with a maximum of 4 cars and one lap
- Drifting mode in which players drift at the same time
- Drag racing
- Underground Racing League (URL): a tournament outside the city in real circuits and closed tracks where players have to compete against five competitors in three races
- Outrun Races to compete against one racer
- Customizable cars in which you can change doors, roof scoops, wheels, side skirts, etc. Also car upgrade is available
- Multiplayer function
- Players will drive a Nissan Skyline GT-R-34
- The game is set in the fictional city of Bayview
For further information, visit the author's website .
- NFS Rivals for Windows
- NFS Most Wanted: one of the most acclaimed games of the NFS franchise
- Need for Speed Undercover game
- NFS Hot Pursuit 2
- Need for Speed Shift edition
- NFS Carbon racing video game for PC
This PC game will allow you to experience action on the safe side, to make all the improvements your car needs and to win every race right from your computer.
Limited period of time
Some functions are restricted
- Highly customizable
- Great action
- Multiplayer mode
- Graphics are a bit outdated
Fast and the Furious Street Racing Game with Drifting and Adrenaline-Pumping Action
By Christine Diaz
On Monday, April 14, 2014
Need for Speed: Underground two is a racing video game, released and developed by Electronic Arts. What I liked about this racing video game is its action sequences, which is set in the city of Bayview. The environment of the game is astonishing. It has cool street lights and vast buildings. The graphics of the game is virtuous and the light effects on the cars are very realistic as they shimmer during night races.
This racing video game comes in different upgrades featuring various music effects and graphics that are used in new game modes and tournaments. It also includes some enhancement that gives me control over my vehicle and tuning options. I can say that the game was developed so well. It has good graphical influence and car customization combinations. I can design and pick a car that I want and that is a good thing in this game.
EA games created an excellent racing video game after numerous efforts to build a powerful game. They have finally published a virtuous and classic racing video game. I think if you are a game lover, you will surely like this one because for me, this is the finest racing video game that I have ever played.
- It has a 3-game showpiece
- It has a high-intensity street racing action
- There are lots of different neighborhoods to drive through
- The game is highly customizable
- The video game is a little bit tedious
- Drag and drift modes are a bit too relaxed
- It has a deafening and infuriating tire screeching sound during drift mode
- It might freeze or twig on older PC
The underground is your territory, make it yours on the asphalt
By Will Terry
On Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Welcome to the street racing monument that Electronic Arts has released for PC. Need For Speed Underground 2 includes more cars, more speed and more tracks than the previous version, and of course the cars are now more customizable for competing against the computer or against your friends. The way you can control the different cars respond very well to the controller. I love driving Nissan Skyline on Bayview, and with the wheel controller I have installed on my PC I can enjoy the speed as if it were real from my room.
The city is really big and offers you several alternative routes. The game introduces different kinds of competitions, and the car model you should choose is different depending on the features they have. The good part of this game is that the variety of the cars included is really high for the series, but not for car simulator like Gran Turismo, which I think it is the reference for this kind of games. In this case there are available more than 80 different cars and all of them are different. The game is really funny to play and it is a must for all the fans of racing games and the franchise.
- High number of available cars
- Speed feeling very well performed
- Different kinds of tracks and races
- There is no damage in the cars
- It could be better technically speaking