Need For Speed Rivals is an open-world racing videogame developed by Ghost Games and published by Electronic Arts. It is the 20th installment of NFS franchise, andit brings back the “cops versus bad guys” style seen in Hot Pursuit. This title is available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and your PC.
Gameplay is split into two parts, giving gamers the opportunity to play on both sides of the law. You can play as racers, driving dangerously and winning illegal street races. Or play as a police officer trying to catch racers and run them off the road. Both paths offer different game modes, as well as different rewards and challenges.
Step on the Gas
Exotic cars and high velocity are the bread and butter of Need For Speed Rivals. This time you are free to drive in a huge open-world with more than 150 kilometers of roads (technically bigger than Most Wanted). This is an interesting aspect of the title, even more so if we take into account that there are no boundaries between offline and online modes, thanks to the AllDrive system. This release allows up to 6 players to share a game. They can be divided into racers and cops, and they will share the scenario with other AI controlled cars. This is an attractive introduction to the kind of videogames that we will see in the next generation.
Players can play as racers, driving dangerously and winning illegal races, or as police officers trying to catch racers and run them off the road.
If you play as a racer, you will have to complete races and events that will reward you with new levels and points. You will receive a certain amount of SpeedPoints, depending on your performance. Those points will allow you to buy new cars, unlock perks or new customization elements. The longer you stay on the road gathering points, the higher your multipliers will rise. But if you push your luck and you don’t bank the points at a safe house and the police catch you, you will lose all those SpeedPoints you earned. Cops don’t need to worry about races or points. They will have to patrol for speeding drivers or engage in pursuits. You cannot upgrade your vehicle as a Police Officer, but you will receive new ones when your arrest record improves.
Need For Speed Rivals Full Version Features
Here are some of the features of Need For Speed Rivals before you download it:
- A huge world: discover the roads of Redview County, the perfect place for speed driving
- Stunning graphics: Frostbite 3 graphics engine unleashes its potential, showing us every single vehicle and setting detail
- Exotic vehicles: you will find many prestigious manufacturers, such as Audi, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Porsche and Lamborghini
- Choose your side: play as a racer or a police officer. Each path has its own gameplay and challenges
- AllDrive System: online and offline modes are seamlessly blended together thanks to this technology
- Customize your vehicle: paint it with new colors, add predesigned patterns, vinyl graphics or customize your plates
- Defend yourself: equip yourself with EMPs, spike strips and many other offensive perks to take out your road rivals
If you are interested in Need For Speed Rivals and you need more information before you download it, feel free to check the developer’s official website.
The minimum system requirements to download and run this title are:
- Operating System: Windows XP or higher
- Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
- Ram Memory: 4 GB or higher
- Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT
- Hard Disk: 30 GB free space available
Other NFS titles
- NFS Most Wanted 2012 edition
- NFS Shift: the first game of the third era
- Game NFS Undercover edition
- NFS Carbon game
- NFS Underground 2 for PC
- NFS Hot Pursuit 2 free download
The Best and the Coolest Need for Speed Racing Game Developed
By Isa Almenanza
On Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Need for Speed Rivals is a cool racing game available for PlayStation 3 and 4, Microsoft Windows and Xbox 360. It was developed by Criterion and Ghost games. Its gameplay is similar to Hot Pursuit with striking cars and high-speed police chases.
NFS Rivals is one of the best driving games I have played. It is an enjoyable multiplayer game. It enabled me to experience being an illegal racer. It also enabled me to challenge other racers to racing duels. The flawless transition between racer and cop is good. I can say, NFS Rivals is one of the most successful Need for Speed games of this generation.
I think Need for Speed, is the most remarkable game launched for Xbox and Microsoft Windows. It is appealing and has sufficient content to keep players like me busy for a couple of times. This game is one of my beloved franchise. I have played all Need for Speed series game since I was 17. The game has very interesting story lines and it also brings new ideas to the table.
This is an amazingly fresh and fun racing game and the best of Need for Speed series. Overall excellent game!
- Excellent handling and a strong line-up of cars
- Car sounds are good and very visceral
- Online glitches can lose your progress
Feel the speed and the race risk with Need for Speed Rivals
By Benjamin White
On Friday, April 11, 2014
Need for Speed Rivals is an impressive game of the NFS franchise, without any kind of doubt. In this game, you can play both sides: a cop or a street racer. The graphic effects are really superb, and it kind of seems very much to the Burnout series in the arcade aspect. The speed of the sport cars is the main feature of this title along with different race tracks, most of them outside cities. In this sense, I think that the game is much better than the previous editions since the action is more active, having to escape from the cops with your skills.
I really enjoyed this title. Although the variety of cars is not so great, the vehicles available are the ones I would use for this kind of races. The soundtrack fits the style of game, with dubstep music and electronic rock music. A really recommendable racing game in case you want a different game from the usual car simulator and want to enjoy the action of the NFS series with great graphics, light effects and a really entertainment gameplay. Need for Speed Rivals incarnates all what the series incarnates in a good-looking game.
- Astonishing graphic aspect in cars and scenarios
- Good car variety and collection
- Good variety of music tracks
- Not for car simulation fans